Yimby Tumbler Composter
Overall Rating: 4.4 out of 5
Do you want to have a constant supply of compost that is fast, efficient and can hold more than its load? Then Yimby’s Tumbler Composter is perfect for you.
Just put your compost materials in one side of the two-chambered device, leaving the other side to cure your compost. Just after a few days and a few turns, you have healthy natural compost for your garden.
- Dual Chambers
- Medium-Large Capacity
- Requires assembly
- Flimsy parts (according to some reviewers)
Specifications and Features
Although it looks a little big, with small hatches where you can put your compost, the Yimby Tumbler is very efficient and is a product you would want to buy.
It is perfect for any type of location and its steel frame and recycled plastic bin make sure you can make more compost without worrying about its durability and strength.
Customers are divided when it comes to this tumbler and future buyers need to consider customers’ thoughts. First and foremost, a small number of users claim that this product breaks easily from only 2 months of use and then it slowly starts to fall apart.
However, the product also gets many positive reviews from users for it's unique features:
- It has two chambers which can serve as curing station as well as storage for your finished compost.
- The bin is made of recycled plastic and is mounted on a steel frame, making it easy to turn and use.
- This product has adjustable air vents for regulating aeration within the container unit.
Average Rating On Amazon:
4.4 out of 5 stars
- Capacity – It has a 37 gallon capacity for holding compost in both of its compartments.
- Composition Time – Although it has a huge compost capacity, it can make compost in as little as 2 weeks.
- Pest and Odor Control – Like other products, the Yimbly claims it can drive out pests and prevent odors from wafting out of the bin.
- Easy Assembly - Putting it together is also not a problem for customers who gave positive reviews about this product. Although it looks thin and light at first, as you start filling it, the bin holds up the compost without ruining it. It is very easy to setup and use, especially while shipping the barrel to mix the compost.
- Dual Compartments - Some users positively comment about the two compartments of this tumbling composter because while one side cures, the other container can be used for a fresh batch.
- Built To Last - Some users contradict the negative reviews, stating that this product can last for years even in harsh conditions. Some other users praise this product for its shorter composting time and even commented on the good quality of the compost it can create.
- Affordable – You can buy a Yimby Tumbler for as low as $100 and it comes with free shipping from some sellers.
- Flimsy Parts - The parts are also very flimsy, which could lead to the product falling apart. Some users have commented that if you wish to return your composter due to this problem, you only have 30 days. So it is difficult to get a refund or a replacement.
- Small Opening - The opening is very small, making it hard to put compost inside and getting it out. Assembly is difficult too as the screws don’t hold up properly, the framework easily bends and the material is too lightweight.
- Leaky Design - Others criticize it for its design because although it allows easy aeration, it is also very easy for water to seep inside the bin and affect the quality of compost. One user complained that it makes a soupy mess inside the bin, often causing unpleasant smells from the bin as well as compost sticking to the sides which can be difficult to remove
- Capacity Issues - Some users complain that this composter is very heavy, especially when you fill it up with compost. Some report that this product does not have the capacity to hold 37 gallons of compost because it slowly shows signs of breaking down.
Is The Yimby Tumbling Composter Right For Me?
Best Suited for…
People looking for an affordable and reliable entry-level composter that don't mind assembly
Families with a smaller garden who don't need tons of compost
Not So Great for…
People who don't like to assemble things themselves
People look for the best composter that money can buy that will last forever
The Final Verdict
If you're looking for something that:
- Has two chambers and spins easily
- Has adjustable air vents for proper ventilation
- Is affordable and generally reliable
Then this might be the right one for you.
In a nuteshell, if you want a composter that is light, efficient and works well for your patio, lawn or garden, the Yimby Tumbler Composter is one of the major contenders you should look at. It may have some flaws but it does the job well.
Check Out The Yimby Tumbling Composter On Amazon
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Yimby Tumbler Composter
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: